Monday 24 April 2017

Hello everyone, this is blog number seven and my second week in “Stolper Fährkrug”. As you probably know we celebrated Eastern this week, therefore, we had a special holiday menu. It included a lot of asparagus and also young potatoes. Part of my job was to peel them.
Before 

In the middle ( my chef peeling asparagus) 

After  😀

Cutting fresh vegetables for the salad is part of the Mise en place for the day. You can enjoy the way I am cutting tomatoes in the video below.
My working station



Garnish 

Of course, not a single preparation can go without ONIONS. I am grateful to my chef, who gave me unique protection goggles. However, from my experience, I concluded that the best way to cut onions is using sharp knives and being fast.

As I already mentioned it was Eastern and we had a big family choose our restaurant to celebrate it. We greeted them with a festive lunch, in which preparation and plating I was involved. Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to take photos of all the dishes.
The salad (iceberg lettuce salad with radicchio, red and yellow peppers, radishes, cucumbers, tomatoes, green and purple lettuce salad)

Part of the mean course (backed lamb leg) 

Dessert ( Creme Brulee,  black currant sorbet, advocate mousse ,  marinade plums and strawberries) 

This week I also helped to prepare something interesting and typical for German cuisine: a cold plate with different types of sausages.
The plate is served with butter, Schmaltz( pig fat with seasonings and onion), and six slices of bread

In my days off I went to Berlin for a little trip. And I loved it! The Berlin Cathedral is really beautiful so please enjoy the photos.





Of course, I enjoyed a pizza and delicious German beer.


Thank you for reading my blog and see you next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment