Thursday 8 June 2017

Hello everyone, week number four of May has already passed. My work week started with some Saint-Pierre fish which I wrote about in one of my previous blog posts (http://adventureabroud.blogspot.com/2017/04/hello-everyone-it-has-been-another-week.html). The good thing is that I can safely say I am getting faster with preparation.

The week continued with salmon. And to be more precise - smoked salmon, the skin of which I had to peel off. You can find out more by watching this week’s video. After taking the skin off I marinated the fish with oil. 


In the beginning of the month, the executive chef gave us - the trainees, a task to create a dish that had to consist of bread. After choosing the type of bread, I took the initiative to shape it nicely in the form of a braid. 

The work week ended with preparing chicken breast for service. Again, I worked with the executive chef. After cutting the drumettes and the small fillet, chef marinated the breasts and I vacuumed them. 

My next job was to prepare beautiful veal’s back. It is a bit hard when the piece of meat is bigger than you are. But still, my chef congratulated me for doing a good job and I was really happy to hear I didn’t mess up my task. 


Thank you for reading my blog, see you next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment